Please note: This kit can only be installed on select 27" and 29" electric dryers. DO NOT install this kit on compact dryers or 24" (Thin Twin) over/under (stack) laundry products or gas dryers.
In addition to replacing the thermal cut off and the hi-limit thermostat:
- Disconnect power or unplug dryer
- Check for a failed or damaged heating element
- Check for electrical continuity across both terminals of the heating element
- Check all possibilities for the heating element to be on with no or low air flow
- Clogged lint screen
- Blocked, clogged, kinked or otherwise restricted exhaust vent
- Too long exhaust vent, too many elbows, or less that 4" diameter
- Flapper on exhaust hood not working
- Blower wheel not in place or not turning
- Check 1M-2M motor switch contacts - should be open when dryer is off.
- Heat circuit time contacts must be open when the timer is in the off position